Ally for LMS and Web
Ally increases accessibility of content in Blackboard and Canvas and on KU websites. Ally not only helps individuals who need content in an alternative format for accessibility reasons, Ally provides greater opportunity for everyone to access the information in the way they need or want it.
Ally for LMS (Blackboard and Canvas)
Ally makes online course content more accessible in two main ways:
- Providing content in alternative formats: Ally allows students to download any attached documents in a course in several alternative formats.
- Providing feedback to instructors on the accessibility of their course content: Ally adds an accessibility indicator icon to course items (e.g., documents, images and videos), which helps instructors see at a glance items that are less accessible. By clicking on the icon, the instructor gets more information about what was flagged along with step-by-step instructions for making the item more accessible.
Questions and support:
Instructors who need support using Ally in a Blackboard or Canvas course can contact KU Information Technology Educational Technologists at email@example.com or 785-864-2600. Additional support is available on the Ally website
Ally for Web
Ally for Websites. Ally makes websites more accessible by:
- Providing documents in alternative formats to webpage visitors: Ally allows visitors to download any attached documents in a website in several alternative formats.
- Providing reporting on the accessibility of websites and information on how they can be improved: Ally generates reports allowing web teams to pinpoint where accessibility issues exist.
Ally for LMS
- Information for students about alternative formats
- Information for instructors about using Ally to improve accessibility of content
- Information for instructors about using Ally in Blackboard online courses
- Information for instructors about using Ally in Canvas online courses