Student walking after getting off the bus


On-campus Para-transit is available for KU employees and students who qualify either with a permanent or temporary disability.


  • To receive the curb-to-curb service, a student must register with the Student Access Center (SAC). Documentation must be mailed, faxed 785-864-2817, emailed (access@ku.edu), or hand-delivered to the SAC office in 22 Strong. 
    • Once the student has been approved for this service, SAC staff member authorizes the student to use the Jay Lift by email. If a student has a temporary disability, they will have a service end date included in that email. 
  • To receive the curb-to-curb service, faculty/staff can email accessibility@ku.edu to get signed up for services. 
  • All users must supply their name, phone, and schedule to Jay Lift by phone. Call 785-312-7054, select option 2, extension 101, and leave your information. All rides require 24 hours notice prior to first ride as well as 24-hour cancelation notice. 
  • Co-curricular ride requests must be first made through the SAC office. 
  • If a student will need to use paratransit in Lawrence, it is imperative to be certified through the City of Lawrence.

Report Barriers