On-campus Para-transit is available for students who qualify either with a permanent or temporary disability.
- To receive the curb-to-curb service, a student must register with The Academic Achievement and Access Center (AAAC). Documentation must be mailed, faxed 785-864-2817, emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or hand-delivered to the AAAC office in 22 Strong.
- Once the student has been approved for this service, AAAC staff member authorizes the student to use the Jay Lift by email. If a student has a temporary disability, they will have a service end date included in that email.
- All users must supply their name, phone, and schedule to Jay Lift by phone. Call 785-312-7054, select option 2, extension 101, and leave your information. All rides require 24 hours notice prior to first ride as well as 24-hour cancelation notice.
- Co-curricular ride requests must be first made through the AAAC office.
- If a student will need to use paratransit in Lawrence, it is imperative to be certified through the City of Lawrence.