Employment Accommodations

General Questions

For general questions about accommodations, you may also contact the Human Resources help desk at  785-864-4946 or email hrdept@ku.edu

Employee Accommodations

Review information about the process for seeking a reasonable employee accommodation

Our office facilitates reasonable accommodation needs for employees with disabilities. If you are interested in pursuing an accommodation/ adjustment, we will ask you to complete some brief registration forms.

Please note, our office does not handle academic accommodations for students with disabilities. If you are a student requiring assistance with making an academic accommodation request, please visit Student Access Services.

If you would like to self identity please go to the KU HR website then go to Self Service-->Personal Information-->Disability

Application Process

Complete our Formal Request Form for Workplace Accommodation. Your Formal Request Form comes directly to the ADA RCEA and is kept confidential. 

If you are not a current employee please complete this form in either word or pdf format: Formal Request form for Workplace Accommodation (pdf),  and email to accessibility@ku.edu or fax to 785-864-5790.

In addition, we require the Medical Document Form (pdf)

For your review: Workplace Accommodation Procedures

If you have any questions please email accessibility@ku.edu or call the ADA RCEA at 785-864-7416

All documents and information related to an employee's medical condition, disability, or illness are treated with strict confidentiality within HRM. Any existing information or new information inadvertently received by a department or supervisor related to an employee's disability, including medical reports or doctor's notes should be forwarded to the ADA Resource Center for Equity and Accessibility.

Report Barriers